Over the course of the last couple of days we've had some sump pump problems to resolve. These included:
- The outlet line plugging up because of the pump sucking up some gravel,
- Replacing the pump,
- Having to run a secondary utility pump because so much water was coming in that the regular one could not pump fast enough.
- A sensor to detect the water level in the sump well being above a certain level and the pump not running.
- The amount of time the pump has run in the past hour. Actually, the amount of water that has been discharged would be cool but that might really complicate the system. I don't want the monitoring/measuring to decrease reliability.
- An audible/visual alert in the main living space if there are problems.
- A system to send me a text message if there are problems for when I'm not at home.