Monday, June 12, 2017

A KX-2 Has Landed

Serendipity is sometimes my best friend. A couple of weeks ago while doing some random searching I stumbled upon a lightly used Elecraft KX-2 portable rig with most all of the desireable options. It included the radio, internal battery, autotuner, real time clock, and the carry bag plus an assortment of cables and adapters. A KX-2 has been on my wish list for a while and this was too good a deal to pass up!

















To keep the new rig in good shape I added the protective handle and heat sink shown in this photo from the Pro Audio Engineering web site. If you add these to your own KX-2 I recommend reading the directions a couple of times and really studying how it all goes together. It's not especially difficult but there isn't a lot of extra space in this rig and you need to be prepared with some small tools and a steady hand!

I'm still learning the various features and controls at this point. It's been on the air from my home shack as well as backyard portable. It's a very impressive radio so far and you'll be hearing more in the future.

73,

Tim N9PUZ

No comments: